Summary: This blog brings to you mannual methods to repair MS Outlook version 2016,2013,2010,2007 with detail demonstartion of version wise inbuilt options and repair process.
Microsoft Outlook is undoubtedly the most popular desktop email client utilized at the personal level or in most of the organizations worldwide. Not only it offers a number of highly advanced features, but also provides access to important emails and crucial incorporated data and attachments even the absence of reliable internet connectivity.
Sometimes, the Personal Folder file (PST) or Outlook becomes unavailable due to unknown reasons and therefore, it is vital to know the repair methods to prevent the circumstances that might affect the working functionality of MS Outlook.
How to Repair Outlook 2016 manually & Alternatives
There are many reasons that contribute to the inappropriate functionality of Microsoft Outlook email client. Sometimes, an error in the Outlook can hamper the smooth functional abilities of Outlook. In some cases, it is the PST failure due to which Outlook reacts abnormally. If you encounter any problem running the MS Outlook, the following workaround might help:
- Select ‘Start’ menu and go to ‘Control Panel’
- Click on ‘Programs’ and then select ‘Programs & Features’
- Find and select ‘Microsoft Office 2016’ from the enlisted programs
- Click on ‘Change’ option
- Next, click on ‘Quick Repair’ or ‘Online Repair’ and follow instructions.
The above-mentioned steps would help to repair Outlook 2016 if there is any functional issue with the application. The procedure is secure and doesn’t lead to any loss of data.
Microsoft support: Repair Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost)
- Online Repair is a reinstall that does not affect the integral files or the User Settings.
- Quick Repair locates, analyses and replaces the corrupt files.
However, if MS Outlook PST file undergoes corruption, it can be repaired using Inbox Repair Tool (ScanPST.exe).
Note: To run the Inbox Repair Tool in order to repair Outlook files, first you need to exit MS Outlook application.
You may have below versions and would like to know the solution for it.
How to Repair Outlook 2013 manually
The workaround procedure to fix MS Outlook installation issues in versions 2013 are as follows:
- Go to ‘Control Panel’ and select ‘Programs’
- Next, go to ‘Program and Features’
- Locate ‘Microsoft Outlook 2013’ and click on ‘Change’
- Select the option ‘Repair and Continue’ and follow the prompted options
- Once repair procedure accomplish successfully, initialize synchronization
How to Repair MS Outlook 2010 manually
- Launch ‘Control Panel’ and click on ‘Programs’
- Then select ‘Program & Features’
- Find and select the appropriate version i.e. MS Outlook 2010
- Click on Change option and select Repair and Continue
- Try synchronization once the repair Outlook 2010 process is finished
How to Repair Microsoft Outlook 2007 manually
- Open MS Office 2007 and go to Help menu
- Click on Office Diagnostics and click on Continue
- Next, click on the ‘Start Diagnostics’
- Follow any prompts if shown to repair Outlook 2007
Now, when the workaround procedures to bring MS Outlook back to running mode are elaborated, it is important to understand the reasons that are responsible for Outlook inappropriate functionality. Let’s identify these factors thoroughly.
What Causes Outlook Breakdown?
To repair Outlook 2010, 2013 or 2007 along with latest edition 2016, it is important to understand the key reasons behind corruption and attempt to fix outlook pst. It could be the bad sectors on storage disk failure due to which the hard disk might get corrupted. As a result, the PST files existing on these sectors might turn inaccessible or corrupted. Another reason can be the faulty devices such as network cables, hubs, routers, cards or any other connecting devices.
Software related issues that contribute to PST failure could be the file system disaster. In such cases, some of the PST data might become corrupted or lost. The possibilities are that the PST file is overwritten by garbage data and this sometimes makes the file unreadable. Also, there are antivirus applications that affect the functional parameters of application; therefore, before starting up repair Outlook, it is important to detect the actual cause.
Reasons Responsible Behind PST Corruption
PST corruption is a common issue and it is important to settle down any major concern with utmost consideration. There are a number of issues that cause a PST corrupt such as-
However, a little consideration while launching MS Outlook application as well as terminating the same can prevent severe damage to the platform or the incorporated files.
Note : Points to Consider while Working with MS Outlook
While working with Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, or any other previous edition, it is mandatory to run the Outlook appropriately while considering some important guidelines.
- Do not exit the application incorrectly, instead follow proper procedure
- Always remember to keep regular backup for PST files
- Exit the Outlook prior to run built-in PST repair operation
- Install reliable anti-virus applications on the computer
- Keep consistent watch on the PST file size to prevent exceeding stipulated limit
Conclusion : How to repair PST in Outlook 2016, 2010, 2013, 2007
PST Corruption can happen anytime, it is our responsibility to backup data on a regular basis so as to prevent its integrity and maintain workflow. Although manual procedures are helpful in repairing PST data, integrity and security of the mailbox folders can’t be assured.
As an alternative solution, the widely trusted PST recovery software such as Stellar Repair for Outlook can be utilized. The software repairs corrupted or damaged Outlook PST files in a quick manner. It further restores integrated mail items to a new PST file which can be stored at any desired location on the computer. This way, the original file remains untouched. Other reasons to opt for the software are-
- Recovers accidentally deleted emails from Outlook
- Encrypted and oversized PST files can be repaired and recovered.
- Selective recovery allows repairing important items while dumping unnecessary data.